Tuesday, May 3, 2011

One syllable.

            Spring is a light time of year. It’s green and lush, and rain and dew drip off of the plants and make the ground kind of moist. The sun shines, but not hard. Its rays float down from the sky and with a calm touch, warm your skin. The wind does not howl, but a light breeze whips through the new buds on the trees.

          When you take a walk in the Spring, you can see the dark of the last month wash from the plants, the road, the trees, the cats and dogs, the world. Life comes back and shines with all of its force. Calm springs through the cloud of fog that is my brain and clears my mind. It makes me want to sing and dance, to throw my arms in the air and twirl. 

          Dance, too, is a force of calm. Dance is a dream, a way out of the mess. When you dance, things fall down, piece by piece, and all you have left is the truth. In a real world, you need that. A way to break down your life and think of a way to see through to your end goal. 
  
          If the times are tough, think of spring and dance. They can help you rise up and feel at peace with your mind once more. If the days are mad, let the spring breathe life back into you and feel calm.

8 comments:

  1. "Dance, when you're broken open.
    Dance, if you've torn the bandage off.
    Dance in the middle of the fighting.
    Dance in your blood.
    Dance, when you're perfectly free."
    --Rumi
    Beautiful post, Vivian. Very poetic and peaceful. Spring has always been a really inspiration time of year for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. your's turned out a whole lot better than when I tried it. I just ended up sounding like a third grader. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really impressive. I love how poetic and cohesive it sounds! The descriptions that you use really remind of why I am so happy that winter is over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful, my sentiments exactly. I think you capture the images vividly but also not too wordy either. Very poetic paragraphs, good job! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Excellent imagery. After dreary winters, spring always does seem so lively and dance-inspiring. When summer arrives, I still like to think about spring and how much cooler it was then...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I like the imagery and that you made you made spring a green font. Font color is really all I really care about. This is by far the best single syllable post I have read; very impressive Vivian.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very poetic post. It makes me happy even if I can't sing or dance (spring is also not my favorite season). For some reason, dark, cloudy weather makes me more at peace, but this blog post does so as well:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well done! It's a sign of a talented writer when you can write something lovely with a restriction like this :) Hope you're having a great summer.

    ReplyDelete